Watercolour Tall Cake Class, Saturday 28th March 2020
Cover a tall cake with smooth, seamless sharp edges, with a watercolour and gold leaf finish in this beautiful new class
Watercolour Tall Cake Class
Saturday 28th March 2020
10am - 3pm, Hop Farm Studio, Tonbridge
Suitable for Intermediate + (pevious experience of covering cakes preferable)
A beautful 'big' cake class for you to extend your knowledge and skills for covering beautiful sharp edged cakes! If you've previously completed my ganache class and want to take the next step, or are just looking to increase your skills in being able to decorate more elaborate on-trend cakes, then this is the class for you!
This class includes:
Covering tall cakes (5" +)
Seamless sharp edges
Faultless bottom edges
Watercolour paint technique
Creating and using edible gold paint
The course will begin at 10am and finish at approximately 3pm.
What we will cover:
- Covering a 6inch deep cake with my SEAMLESS wrap technique: I'll teach you a brand new technique for covering taller cakes (we'll be working on a dummy in class, but the technique will work perfectly with ganached cakes and I'll talk you through how during the class), and how to achieve a totally seamless finish on your sharp edges for a pristine and perfect look.
- Hand painting a beautiful watercolour style onto your cake: and you can chose your own colour scheme
- Using on-trend acrylic stamps to create personalised calligraphy lettering: learn how to use this brilliant new product and to hand paint your wording with a shimmering metallic paint for the perfect cake lettering (we'll also discuss how to make edible metallic paint and some of the current and new products that are wonderful for this type of finish)
- Create a quarter 'drip' on your cake
- Using edible Gold Leaf to create a stunning shimmering effect on your cake.
- Painting a cake board with metallic paint.
- Attaching stylish ribbons and non-edible floral embellishments to complete your cake
You will take home your perfect tall demonstration cake and of course a new found knowledge that you can use to develop your skills and love of cake decorating! You will be given a full step by step handout of the skills you learn in class along with details of all of the products and tools that we have used throughout the day.
All the equipment, tools and edible materials you need will be provided for you to use during the class.
Anyone completing a CakeyBake Class has the opportunity to join my private Facebook Group for all students, where you can ask questions, share ideas and benefit from the lovely chatter!
Please note: this class does NOT include flower making and we work on a dummy cake.
This class will take place at our beautiful teaching studio at The Hop Farm, Tonbridge Kent. There is ample free parking right outside the venue.
We will provide as much tea, coffee and soft drinks as you would like throughout the day, however, if you have a particular preference, you are of course welcome to bring your own refreshments. Please bring a packed lunch with you - we will take a short break for lunch and it's hungry work so bring something yummy!
Class bookings are non-refundable. If you cancel before 14 days in advance of a class, you will receive a credit to the value of your class (less booking fee) for a future class.
If you cancel within 14 days of a class taking place, we offer a 50% credit towards a future class.
If you cancel within 7 days of a class taking place, no credit will be given.
All classes include a non-refundable £25 booking fee.
Booking a space on the class will assume acceptance of our terms and conditions.