Watercolour Tall Cake Class, Sunday 14th October 2018
Cover a tall cake with smooth, seamless sharp edges, with a watercolour and gold leaf finish in this beautiful new class
£25.00 off!Now £74.00
This Class is now fully booked
A NEW big cake class for you to extend your knowledge and skills for covering beautiful sharp edged cakes! If you've previously completed my ganache class and want to take the next step, or are just looking to increase your skills in being able to decorate more elaborate on-trend cakes, then this is the class for you!
This class includes:
Covering tall cakes
Seamless sharp edges
Faultless bottom edges
Watercolour paint technique
Creating and using edible gold paint
The course will begin at 10.30am and finish at approximately 3pm.
What we will cover:
- Covering a 6inch deep cake with my brand new SEAMLESS wrap technique: I'll teach you a brand new technique for covering taller cakes (we'll be working on a dummy in class, but the technique will work perfectly with ganached cakes), and how to achieve a totally seamless finish on your sharp edges for a pristine and perfect look.
- Hand painting a beautiful watercolour style onto your cake: and you can chose your own colour scheme
- Using new-to-the-market acrylic stamps to create personalised calligraphy lettering: learn how to use this brilliant new product and to hand paint your wording with a shimmering gold paint for the perfect cake lettering (we'll also discuss how to make edible gold paint and some of the current and new products that are wonderful for this type of finish)
- Create a quarter 'drip' on your cake - and then handpaint it with your gold paint
- Using edible Gold Leaf to create a shimmering effect on your cake.
- Painting a cake board with shimmering gold paint.
- Attaching stylish ribbons and non-edible floral embellishments to complete your cake
You will take home your perfect tall demonstration cake and of course a new found knowledge that you can use to develop your skills and love of cake decorating! You will be given a full step by step handout of the skills you learn in class along with details of all of the products and tools that we have used throughout the day.
All the equipment, tools and edible materials you need will be provided for you to use during the class.
Anyone completing a CakeyBake Class has the opportunity to join my private Facebook Group for all students, where you can ask questions, share ideas and benefit from the lovely chatter!
Please note: this class does NOT include flower making and we work on a dummy cake.
Our classes take place in our local community hall in Paddock Wood, Kent. The town is served by direct trains from London Charing Cross, Ramsgate, Strood and Dover Priory. The hall is just a five minute walk from the station. Paddock Wood is a lovely town in West Kent , served by excellent public transport links, a mainline train station and with easy access to the A21, M20 and M25. It is within easy reach of nearby towns Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Maidstone. Our classes are held in a great location with extensive onsite free car parking and close to the town centre.
We will provide as much tea, coffee and soft drinks as you would like throughout the day, however, if you have a particular preference, you are of course welcome to bring your own refreshments. Due to the lengthn of this class, we will not be taking a break for lunch, however snacking throughout will be most welcome!
Class bookings are non-refundable. If you cancel before 14 days in advance of a class, you will receive a credit to the value of your class (less booking fee) for a future class.
If you cancel within 14 days of a class taking place, we offer a 50% credit towards a future class.
If you cancel within 7 days of a class taking place, no credit will be given.
All classes include a non-refundable £25 booking fee.
Booking a space on the class will assume acceptance of our terms and conditions.