Spinning Carousel Cake Class, Saturday 18th August 2018 LIVERPOOL
My stunning Carousel Class comes to Liverpool for a one-off class this summer!
This Class is now fully booked - please contact Gill at The Secret Cake Kitchen to join the waitlist
Saturday 18th August 2018
10am - 5pm
Maximum students: 6
The Spinning Carousel Cake Class:
This is a highly detailed cake to make - involving many intermediate cake decorating skills to create a truly beautiful showstopping cake which can be adapted to be perfect for almost any occasion. Gently spinning around with the use of a concealed automated turntable, this beautiful cake will take your decorating and planning skills to the next level and leave your customers in awe ;)
The course will begin at 10am and finish at approximately 5.30pm.
What we will cover:
- The planning and preparation for a multi-tiered structured spinning cake
- Preparation of all elements and tips for the perfect assembly of intricate edible parts
- Creating swags, borders and embellishments using detailed moulds
- How to plan your cake for perfect positioning of embellishments for a pristine and symmetrical design
- Design skills and colour co-ordination
- logistics of painting and drying times with a multi-tiered project
- Covering (disguising!) a mechanical turntable and incorporating it into the design of your cake (this can be applied to all future moving cake projects also)
- Creating a movable top tier carousel
- Constructing a symmetrical design with precision
This class is an intensive day with A LOT of work involved - you wil be given free reign over many elements of the class, including your colour scheme and the desgn elements so that you go home with a truly unique cake for your portfolio.
You will also take home a fully functioning mechanical turntable which you will be able to re-purpose for other cake projects, plus ideas about how you can design future cakes around this piece of eqiupment.
As with all my classes, all the equipment, tools and edible materials you need will be provided for you to use during the class, plus a comprehensive handout with step by step pictures on how to recreate the cake once you are home.
We will be working on Dummy cakes in this class using fully edible coverings, however, time will be given to discuss how real cake can be incorporated in the design.
This class is available to pay in two instalments of £75 - the first instalment is due on booking and the second will be invoiced on 1st August, with payment completion due by 9th August - please select the appropriate option when checking out.
This class is organised in collaboration with the wonderful GIll at The Secret Cake Kitchen, Liverpool. The class will take place in the Walton area of liverpool in her sunny workshop :)
Class bookings are non-refundable.
Booking a space on the class will assume acceptance of my full terms and conditions.